Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. Would anyone know if the regulators for the sedan and touring are common? I have to replace the driver's door reg & motor on this '10 GLS Touring and haven't found any specifics on parts sites. Thanks to all . . . . JJFIII

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Scott, thanks for getting back. I have seen listings (shophyundaipartsonline, hyundaipartsdeal.com and rockauto) and did see Dorman's which are seemingly a sort of "gold standard" for these. So, looking to confirm the specific part number(s) I contacted them directly and gave the guy the info for the vehicle. He says they only make them for the rear, not the front.. As well, couldn't tell me if that was applicable to just certain years & models or just in general. Mind you, this is while I'm looking at a split screen with these other sites with their respective numbers for the same Dorman item. Curious indeed! I'd really prefer not to put in a cheap "slow-mo" rig. Rock's listings for Dorman were in their "standard replacement" listings rather than "economy" so that's pretty much my measuring stick as far as quality and a far cry from any OEM's as far as pricing. The availability & lead time on shipping is a concern as well (spending repair money feeding a 6.0L Suburban). Never had an issue with my 2000 wagon ("Rosie" LOL). Kept her fed and treated her kindly and she never failed me. Hoping this one's from the same "gene pool" . . .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'Day Mates. Bought this car knowing the window regulator wasn't functional however, upon investigating the issue Idiscovered that this particular "after market" regulated the window permenantly closed quite well 😆 . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soo, apparently I'll need to go with the 748-348 as "Ida", the tech rep I spoke with at Dorman ("Ida Noe"), wasn't able to tell me OR FIND the size or part number for the bolts to fasten the motor to the regulator panel however, did suggest I "try" a few self tapping screws . . . 🙄

1 - 10 of 10 Posts