Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ,the led headlight for auto is becoming very hot.

Do you think the led headlight will replace the HID xenon headlight ?

What you will choose ? LED headlight Or HID xenon kit

LED Headlight features as below:
1:High power, High brightness,strong pentrating power.Save energy 60% than HID
2esigned to last 80,000 hours!
3:No warm up time!
4:No relays to run, get a true plug and play high / low setup.
5:Ballasts are solid aluminum with a built in fan.
6:Low voltage protection, high precision constant current driver chip.
7:True Plug-N-Play Conversion Kit.
8:Safe for headlight and fog light, won't melt the housing and runs cooler than stock Halogen bulbs & HID bulbs.
9:1800-3000 LM light output
10:Fits into existing headlights or fog lights, no modification or retrofitting required.
11:Bulb lifespan of 5 to 10 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lots of people make changing out the headlights one of their top priorities after buying a new car. I don'y mind the regular headlights myself. Sometimes I find the LED ones too bright for the other people on the road.

I would be looking at new rims before anything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks to be a China telephone country code. Not sure how well these LED headlights would equate to Silverstar or better halogens. Plus don't see an H1 equivalent anyway.

·
Registered
296 Posts
its spam advertising.

but it does bring a good discussion.

and that is led vs xenon.

the biggest problem with LED right now is that the lighting is directional. All of the bulbs that post shows is a single LED emitter that usually faces down or up

Doesn't exactly work well with the reflectors.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've come accross a few Jeeps with aftermarket LED headlights. What I've noticed though, they have to have a different housing to work propperly. the entire housing was the bulb and the LED faced toward the reflector and projected forward. here's a pic. the LEDs are on the back of the black bar.

I've seen LED's in a normal housing and it was no brighter than a normal halogen bulb. not sure if these are any different though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
one thing is for sure. the only led lights I"ve seen that were brighter than Xenon are ones with multiple LEDs. A single emitter and projector cannot compete with a single xenon

It usually takes 3 or more LEDs to match the output.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Housing Market

Before you decide to rent an apartment, you should make sure that you are ready financially. It is not easy paying for your monthly rent if you don't have enough money in your bank account. Fannie Mae, the government-controlled home loan re-packager, published $5.1 billion in earnings for April, May and June of 2012. It was also the second time since the feds took over the business that it has shown a net quarterly increase. The posting is yet more evidence that the housing industry is beginning to move toward stability. A short term loan can help you pay for your mortgage this month. You will be able to pay your monthly bills as well on time. So what are you waiting for, try availing a short term loan right now and buy a new house.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just changed my License Plate Bulbs with LED. They are definitely Whiter. And I didn't take the trunk lid apart like the guy on U-Tube. I have a set of OTC Trim Panel tools. Plastic ones. Worked great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't make the change to LED headlights. I think that the LEDs are often too bright, and aI think that the stock ones work fine. I actually think that the LEDs can be blinding to other drivers sometimes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had HIDs in my cars for quite some time now. I do it for the visibility so I go for 5000k or 6000k. Anything higher won't improve visibility. Lately I have been looking into LEDs because it seems you can get more output from certain kits. Anytime you make a switch your bulbs, whether HID or LED, you have to adjust your headlights. Especially if you don't have projectors. They sell a jacket or sleeve that goes over the bulb to help focus the beam on non projector headlights. So I think the brighter the better, as long as you are adjusting the beam so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally, as a middle aged person with early stage cataracts, I absolutely detest the zenon headlights. the combination of color and brightness is absolutely blinding when they're coming at me. I wonder how many wrecks they've caused?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've installed white LED lights for the dome, vanity, map, license plates, and reverse lights. I initially installed an LED bulb in the trunk but found it was not adequate. I bought an LED light strip and it works MUCH better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I chose Xenonsupply.com for my application. Excellent service. The 2013 Coupe has different foglight bulbs so check carefully before ordering. You'll also need a harness for the fogs, otherwise only side will light.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks. I bookmarked the site. Im still waiting on the dealer to get my car but I will I have a 2014 elantra sport. I believe it takes H11 bulbs but I want to wait until I get the car to order them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can check the owners manual of the vehicle (from any of the same car on the lot), it will tell you what bulbs are in it. There should be a chart or table. Take a pic with your phone and you can refer to it later. I used 1 cap (included in the headlight kit) for the headlights and relay harnesses for both headlight and fog light installations. Xenon Supply also lets you buy kits by the bulb in case the "default" kit doesn't match your exact Elantra.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, Ill have to stop by and look. I believe they are H11 but Im not sure. It would be nice to have them ready so when the car arrives Ill be able to install them right away. Its already been more than a month so I'm hoping the car gets here soon!

·
Registered
171 Posts
We had to wait over 2 months for our white Coupe SE. There is 1 more down the road from us and that's the only other Coupe we've seen. Extremely rare. The most I've ever seen on the Hyundai's inventory page is 6 (including mine) and 4 were black lower trims. Take pics of your ride when you get it and share with us! Bulbs too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts