Elantra Forum banner

Are you satisfied with your 2016 Hyundai GT?

Why do you like your Elantra? Is the 2016 model year a poor choice?{prospective buyer here.

Tags
2016 gt
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  prisoner 
#1 ·
Hey Elantra Folks,
I need a newer car, and I'm looking at Civics, Corollas, Fusions, Legacies and the Elantra GT. A friend has one for sale, the 2016 year, and when I went to the trusty Consumer Reports to check it out, they had NA under "Reliability" and "Owner Satisfaction" for that model and year. I then checked the regular 2016 Elantra, and there was data, but it was not so fine: 3/5 for Reliability and only 1 out of 5 for Owner Satisfaction.
So, tell me more! Why is that? Are you all just the owners who really like them? What are your opinions of your 2016 Elantra GTs? Thanks in advance,
Ty (Tunk)

#3 ·
I've owned my 2016 Elantra GT for a little over two years now and for the most part love it, gas mileage could be better but it's good, a bit of road noise but that could be the cheap tires it had on it when I bought it, only problem i've had is noisy front end bushings, nothing crazy but annoying. I'm definitely satisfied sofar with the car.

#4 ·
I bought a 2016 from Hertz Car Sales with 78k miles at the time and so far it's been a good car with the exception of the transmission that was replaced at 100k miles. Probably because Hertz never changed the transmission fluid which you should do immediately if the car has over 60k miles, then every 30k miles afterwards. My car is approaching 128k miles and still runs good. Doesn't use any oil between changes. If you maintain the car properly such as changing the oil every 4k miles and doing the other routine maintenance, the car should be reliable.

#5 ·
I purchased my 2015 Hyundai elantra sport last year ,I average 28 -32 MPG depending how i dive on road trips wiyh ECO on about 35 MPG,i change the oil and filter 3-4 k
car runs great it has the 2.0L engine NA iwill say the only other car that i liked was my honda civic . since your buying a sedan you should get

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.