Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a leased car, Hyundai Elantra 2012, and I've been trying to register myself with Hyundai MPG reimbursement program. And it's been a long talk/email over past 3 month with anybody with no sucess.
They want odometer statement which I dont have. The dealer doesnt have. Hyundai Finance doesnt have.

So I am wondering first, anybody with lease had success with MPG program. And who should legally have this document. Should have dealer gave it to me at time of purchase(lease) or not?

Thanks,
roozbeh

·
Registered
173 Posts
The dealer should be reporting your mileage to Hyundai whenever you take it in for service. Other than that I dont know of anyway to get an official statement on your mileage. Maybe you could call your local DMV and see if they have a way to report mileage or give an official document showing your current odometer reading. I'm assuming you're in the USA. if you are and your state has inspections, your miles are being recorded with the state whenever you get an inspection. If you are outside the states, I'm not sure what to recomend for you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you have been taking your car to the dealer for regular service I believe the service adviser makes note of a lot of key details like mileage when they take your vehicle in, best to check with your dealer, specifically your service adviser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in US. well the dealer reported the milage and it is also in my lease documents but they insist and keep saying for security reasons we need to have odometer statement. I think only those who buy their cars have odometer statement document. I am not sure though. Anybody knows about this?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you asked them what is an acceptable statement or if they have a form they can fax or email to you to get filled out? Also, where do they recomend you go to get the statement? If they cant give you an answer, they are just screwing with you. If they want info but have no clue how to get it, there is a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts