Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home one day and the Oil Light came on so I pulled over and checked the oil and it was full. I didn't hear or see anything wrong like oil dripping under the car and my garage floor is spotless but the Oil Light continues to come on. The past three days it will go on and off all day long so I took it to the dealer and they said it had too much oil in it.
I use to work as a mechanic and I know how to check oil but I told him well if it has too much oil in it then it's the guy who does oil changes in their shop who put too much in it because I have them do the oil changes.
I left it with them and they changed the oil for free and the next day the light started coming on again. It's not showing the Check Engine Light just the Oil light so I asked if it could be a sensor and he said it would show up on the computer and I told him that if the CEL isn't coming on there's no way for it to store a code and he agreed. I asked him what does he plan to do and he said I'll talk to the guy who worked on your car and call you back.

NO call back.
Am I right or wrong here?
Could it be something else causing it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oil light going on and off has to do with oil pressure not necessarily the oil level. It's either a sensor or the oil pump isn't working properly. I'm assuming the correct oil viscosity is being used?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I worked on cars back years ago and I told the Service Tech that it has to be the oil pump and he said it wasn't. I told him to drive it and watch the oil light. Sitting idle it comes on increase your speed it goes off. Slow down to turn it comes on speed up it goes off. I told the Service manager if they couldn't take the time to work on it I'd go and talk to their GM.
Last time they said there was too much oil in it and they drained some out. Funny that when I got it home it was still over the full mark all the way to the end of that plastic piece.

I don't argue with A**HATS I just go to the A**HAT in Charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts