Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't looked much into any performance upgrades for my 23 Limited. I was debating with my midlife crisis self and my practical self on whether or to get the Elantra N or Limited. As much as I love driving a standard transmission the Limited has a Bose system in it, lol.

What I wanted to mention is keep an eye on the headlamps, I already have condensation in them. Second I had gotten out of the car the other night and heard a tapping from the engine (just over 3K on it, picked it up in September. Apparently it's quite a common sound the Direct Fuel Injection motors have, throughout a lot of different car manufacturers. Almost sounds like a diesel.

Good luck on your search.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the SEL and just hit a little over 500 miles I have noticed that desiel esk valve noise...my previous car was a chevy trax that had a 1.4 in it. It does seem common especially with the smaller direct injections...I was thinking of the limited or the n myself but I was thinking more of monthly overall cost and I'd primarily use it for ride share so I thought the sel was Mt best bet...but I wouldn't mind get a little more of a pep out of her nothing crazy but performance mods seem few and far between

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
I don't know if there really is much in the way of performance upgrades for these cars, mostly because they really aren't performance oriented. Even things like filters and exhaust won't do much (if anything) in the way of power or mpg and I don't think anybody even has a tuner available for them. The market just isn't there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts