Elantra Forum banner

Vote: Would you buy a luxury car from Hyundai?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm in Portland, Oregon, to drive the all-new 2013 Lexus ES. My review is still a few days away -- embargoes, dontcha know -- but I will tell you that more than a few of us hacks were discussing the new 2012 Hyundai Azera. One of the Toyota staffers from Japan seemed surprised that we would consider the Azera a serious threat to the Lexus ES, and considered it more of a competitor to the Toyota Avalon. And that brings up an interesting question: The Azera certainly rivals the ES for its luxurious design, but would buyers who are thinking about a Lexus even consider a Hyundai? So I figured I'd ask you.

Let's set aside issues like quality, value-for-money, resale prices, etc., and just stick with the issues of design and brand name.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes I would buy a luxury car from Hyundai, cause, well.... why not?
The only advantage Hyundai has over Lexus is pricing. With Hyundai it's much cheaper and any smart buyer who compares both cars without caring about brands will clearly see which is the better buy, in this case.... Hyundai.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I definitely will! I was do my homework on the new Sonata and everything offered is almost the same as Lexus but more affordable. As consumers its always best to get quality at a good price. Hyundai will soon become a leader in the luxury sedan class.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Definitely.

Especially with this new partnership with BMW. I can't see what they come up with. Definitely something that is quality built.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Definitely.

Especially with this new partnership with BMW. I can't see what they come up with. Definitely something that is quality built.
Any idea what the brand will be sharing? Usually it's specific stuff such as engine technology which is what I believe they will be sharing, anything else might backfire on BMW.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would lease one first before i go ahead and actually own one. eventhough Hyundai is building a name for themselves but all this new technology and development is still in the early stages. I really dont know how reliable its is myself. I'd rather get some first hand experience first.

In regards to the collaboration with BMW. They talking and speculating about developing engines together.

Here is a link to the article. http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/05/bmw-and-hyundai-reportedly-in-talks-to.html

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive had a hyundai for the longest time, sure just like any other car there will always be some minor issues but nothing major that would change my decision on the manufacturer. I truely believe that Hyundai is at an early stage of success. They are making changes to become a strong brand with liability, similar to what Honda went through in the 90's. I would buy a luxury sedan from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts