Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my son a 2013 Elantra sedan. It has an usb port. I put a usb drive in that I use in my Honda civic all the time and the elantra only seems to play 5 same songs out of the 5000 that are on there. I do not have any playlist or "files" separating the songs. This same flash drive also works fine on my wife's prius's usb port. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what I am doing wrong or if I need to get a different flashdrive and make playlists on it or what.....Thanks.........I'm a newbie if you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Could be a few things: some players don't like folders, so if the music is inside a folder the player may not be able to "see" it. The player may be finicky regarding file types. MP3 vs Appleloseless for example.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Per my manual (2014 Coupe) there is a limit of 64kb/s and the device requires FAT12/16/32 formatting to work. I'm guessing MP4 files will not work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are all formatted for FAT 32. Using a 32gb flashdrive. Same flashdrive works fine in my new 2016 Honda Civic Coupe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts