Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my vehicle from the dealership after a scheduled maintenance and my tire pressure reads about 40 psi. I think that is way too high and am curious as to why they would have made this mistake. I am under the impression that perhaps the tire pressure sensor needs to be reset and is reading everything wrong because i cannot imagine that someone who works on the vehicles would do this carelessly.

Any advice?

Is there a tire censor reset button? I came across this online but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

has this happened to anyone? Please advise.

thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
No answers yet??? I'm a new owner and don't know much, but if it were me I'd check the pressure myself (or have someone with a gauge do it). It may very well be correct and they may have put to much in. I have a 2019 and if I remember correctly, it's supposed to run 34psi but that does vary as I drive on the highway and the tires heat up.

I'll be watching to see if anyone else has an idea!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got my vehicle from the dealership after a scheduled maintenance and my tire pressure reads about 40 psi. I think that is way too high and am curious as to why they would have made this mistake. I am under the impression that perhaps the tire pressure sensor needs to be reset and is reading everything wrong because i cannot imagine that someone who works on the vehicles would do this carelessly.

Any advice?

Is there a tire censor reset button? I came across this online but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

has this happened to anyone? Please advise.

thank you
Look on the inside if the door panel. Where the frame connects on the bottom. That will have your specs there. Paint color. Original tire size. I believe psi is 36. For 205/55R16.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts