Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a new GT 2013, only a month old and while driving on the highway at 100km, I heard a big BOOM, looked at my sunroof and the back part completely shattered. Anyone know of this happening to others, or about recalls?
WOW! I had that happen on my last car, a rock flew off a big truck and hit my sunroof. Very common. The big boom you heard is probably the culprit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing hit me, the dealership said it was installed improperly at the manufacture site. There was broke glass around the edges only, where it was anchored, the inside of the pane, although completely shattered, showed no signs of being hit with something.

·
Registered
363 Posts
At least it wasn't hit by something, it would suck to pay for a replacement and the labor for it.

How long did it take the dealership to fix it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a new GT 2013, only a month old and while driving on the highway at 100km, I heard a big BOOM, looked at my sunroof and the back part completely shattered. Anyone know of this happening to others, or about recalls?
Common problem on Velosters, there has been a recall on 2012 Velosters for it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
it's not just velosters i head of other cars having this problem, i know some Chrysler vehicles have it. might just be a design flaw that is causing it.
i've heard nothing but bad things about velosters, might be time to sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a 2013 GT in early Nov. with the style and tech package so it has the panoramic sunroof. Last week, was driving to work on the freeway when suddenly I heard a BOOM, thought it was another car that had lost its tire, then I heard my ceiling fluttering. Pulled over at the same time as a F350 truck pulled up in front of me. Driver came out and said I had cracked his windshield just as I saw that the front section of my sunroof was gone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think mine shifts around and clicks when going over uneven pavements or pulling into a steep driveway, basically when the car twists. I suspect its the glass....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 elantra gt with the panoramic sunroof as well. I woke up one morning seeing that it shattered while parked in my sister in laws garage. Your pictures look exactly like mine. May i ask where you took your gt to be serviced??? The hyundai service center i took my car to is claiming that there is nothing in their system that it has happened to anyone else and is charging me $1100+ for parts and labor. So far ive read atleast 2 instances with pictures and video

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a new gt 2013, only a month old and while driving on the highway at 100km, i heard a big boom, looked at my sunroof and the back part completely shattered. Anyone know of this happening to others, or about recalls?
i have a 2014 elantra gt the shade under the panoramic roof clips broke off and now the shade stays open,the clips are small plastic, who puts tiny plastic clips on a sunroof shade. Looks like it was made in the toys r us factory. Anyone knows how to install the clips i bought the clips at the dealer part deparment. Help

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think these panoramic roofs need to be forgotten, i will leave the glass idea to my house windows. going to trade my elantra in and get a used older model bmw with no sunroof. i miss that car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 GT and the back half of my shade is stuck in the open position. One of the clips broke on my shade also. Which section is stuck open on yours?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts