Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had those tires on 2013 Elantra GLS. They were rated a 40,000 mile tire; barely got 30,000 on them before starting to see belts below tread. But my significant other was also a little hard on driving the car too. The handling also started to go downhill pretty quick and you will get a bit of road noise transmitted through them. I'd say wear them out and go with something more dependable like Michelin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had those tires on 2013 Elantra GLS. They were rated a 40,000 mile tire; barely got 30,000 on them before starting to see belts below tread. But my significant other was also a little hard on driving the car too. The handling also started to go downhill pretty quick and you will get a bit of road noise transmitted through them. I'd say wear them out and go with something more dependable like Michelin.
Have a 2011 and it had Hankook too. Hated the tires and thought they contributed to the terrible traction and stability on slippery surfaces.
As soon as they wore, about 35k of highway miles, I replaced them with Michelin Defenders thinking that would be my salvation. The car is still very unstable on anything other than dry pavement. Very disappointed with this car. If I lived in the south it would be a good enough ride, but for Chicago, this car sucks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The stock Hancook's are OK for all season tires. They work best as a summer tire. Suck in rain and snow. I have 25k on my tires now and still have plenty of tread left. This year we bought snow tires for our Elantra's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts