Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’m coming to to hopefully get an answer to my problem before I go spending lots of money at a dealership.

For a while now my car has been stalling when I let the speed drop below 40 km/h, and it only stalls then because at higher speeds it runs great.

I took it to my mechanic and he said it was the camshaft sensors. Spent almost $300 for the problem to keep going. I took it back and he said he didn’t find anything. Fast forward a week or so the car would only turn on while jumping it and sometimes it wouldn’t even turn on. I took it back and he said it was the battery. That te battery was charging properly and that’s why it was stalling randomly.
I bought a brand new battery and the problem is still there. I did some of my own research and came across the 180 amp fuse that runs of the positive side of the battery. Ordered it, changed it and the problem is still there.

What else can I do? What can it be?
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m coming to to hopefully get an answer to my problem before I go spending lots of money at a dealership.

For a while now my car has been stalling when I let the speed drop below 40 km/h, and it only stalls then because at higher speeds it runs great.

I took it to my mechanic and he said it was the camshaft sensors. Spent almost $300 for the problem to keep going. I took it back and he said he didn’t find anything. Fast forward a week or so the car would only turn on while jumping it and sometimes it wouldn’t even turn on. I took it back and he said it was the battery. That te battery was charging properly and that’s why it was stalling randomly.
I bought a brand new battery and the problem is still there. I did some of my own research and came across the 180 amp fuse that runs of the positive side of the battery. Ordered it, changed it and the problem is still there.

What else can I do? What can it be?
Thank you
We had this problem hard to start and stalling try using 95ron fuel that helped us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hmm, hard to tell what the issue is and going to the dealer will definitely cost you big time money no matter what they find. I would change mechanics, go get another opinion, that cannot hurt. Your story reminds me of a previous vehicle that I had..... the dealer and my mechanic could not find any issues but the problem kept going on.

I looked up some other mechanics in my area, looked at the reviews, took it to the new mechanic and problem solved!
worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2005 Elantra started doing the same last year. Turned out to be the alternator was getting flaky. Replaced it and the problem went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts