Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a guide for replacing the speakers in the new Elantra coupe? My girlfriend recently bought a brand new Elantra, and she wants new speakers for Christmas. I've done speaker installs before, not a big deal, but if there are any tips and tricks specific to the Elantra coupe, I'd love to read about them before I dive in.

Also, 6.5 or 6.75 speakers in the doors and rear panels? Any recommendations for speakers to use?

Charles.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi guys,

Check out the below link, it has pics and step by step for replacing the speakers for the Elantra... Also you can google "dynamat installation for Elantra" and it will give you step by step on how to remove the door panels....

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/145443-2013-elantra-component-speaker-install-2.html
Wicked find, That will help a lot on such a new car like this.

I attempted at an audio install on a brand new car before and managed to break some clips :mad: if i had something like this it would have helped to identify where the clips were. Being impatient gets to the best of us sometimes haha

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup...they say patience is a virtue...LOL

I replaced my coupes stock speakers with Infinity 6030cs 's and wow... what a difference! I as planning on adding an amp, but I am pretty happy with the new sound especially as the coupes OEM headunit already has a built in base boost (I think it's called P-base)... so I am very happy now :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello. I am planning on installing Infinity RS as well. The 6030cs in the door. And 6032si in the rear. Also plan on installing my 12" JL W3 (2Ohm) and Kicker IX500.1 Amp. And my Pyle 3.6F Capacitor. I may upgrade to the 8.6F. If I have room. Cant do it now. It keeps snowing. And the Temps at Freezing or below, I'll wait until Spring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You would be surprised how loud that sub hit in my previous car. An 08 Malibu

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats a nice looking install!! I love when someone installs a nice system, but to look at it, you would have NO idea! It's been a while since I did combos, I may just do the same in my car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Rear Speakers are DONE. Wired up my Speaker to RCA adapters (Kicker). Already laid the 4 gauge Power and Ground wires. Just need to do the fronts. And mount the Amp and Boss Audio 18 Farad Capacitor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only thing I would recommend is to add some styrofoam between the inside of the door and the door panels before you reinstall the panels as they have a tenancy to vibrate with low base.... Especially if you like setting your P-bass to high.

For me, It only happened with the passenger door after installing my infinities .... But the styrofoam fixed it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used the Wiring Adapters from Crutchfield for the Rear. What's this about them being Reversed??

·
Registered
124 Posts
They're Reversed. So I had to take the panels off and reverse the Pins on the Crutchfield adapters. All is good now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not sure when I am going to get to do the Fronts. Let alone install the Amp. Still trying to decide what to do???

I can mount the amp against the seat back (Drivers side) or mount to a piece of wood on the floor. Next to the Capacitor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was just Test Fitting the Amp and Capacitor. Guess I will mount them to a board. With some Black carpeting. This way if I need the space, I can just slide over them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Kicker IX500.1 and Boss CAP18 is going in the trunk. Mounted to a board. Next to my 12" JL W3v3 2ohm. My Sat project.

The Front haven't been done yet. I went to HD to look for the Copper Straps. Couldn't find them. But I did find a pair of 1 1/4" Copper U-Mounts. I can bend/cut them to what I need. Not sure When I can get to them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Amp and Capacitor mounted. Sorry I don't have a camera on me at the moment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Infinity Components are in. I wired the Crossover to the factory harness. Using a wiring adapter. Wired the Woofwer with a plug as well. This way the door panel can come off. However I have a small problem. The Passenger door has a vibration on certain notes. Need to fix that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts