Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined the forum and very soon will be buying an 2022 Elantra limited. I can't seem to find any info on the digital key or the smart trunk and their compatibility. Specifically, can you use the digital key with smart trunk or does it only work with the fob? I ask because if the digital key is designed to be capable of fully replacing the fob, then I would hope this functionality is there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t think it will work because the digital key is near field communication and the trunk would need a sensor back there.As far as I know the door handle has it as well as the wireless charger has it as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting a 2022 Sonata Limited that also has the digital key. The app for the key uses both NFC and Bluetooth. The NFC unlocks the doors if placed on the handle and when in the wireless charger becomes the key. While near the car the app allows for most of the functions of the key fob like reboot start and unlock, and some of the features blue link, like fuel level and tire pressure. Unfortunately the digital key blue tooth does not allow for proximity unlock of doors or trunk so smart trunk did not work. On the whole the fob works much better than the digital key and on the Sonata it triggers even more stuff than the digital key as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts