Elantra Forum banner

Safety Warnings go on after car washed.

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kenduke1966 
#1 ·
2022 Elantra SEL. I went through the car wash and 30 minutes later I started the car again and had no ambient temperature read out and that icon wasflashing. Every safety warning system started flashing, and said check systems. The Back up camera not working. Power steering degraded hard to turn wheel while parked. I started the car several times and got all the same warnings. I drove the car home. The following day I started the car and all systems work fine again. It appears to me moisture got in somewhere and caused this. Anyone else hear of this problem? I have an appointment scheduled at Hyundai.

#2 ·
More than likely they will find nothing. The CAN bus system can do weird things. The car wash might have forced some water into a light socket or other electrical connection and changed a resistance reading that is monitored. I changed out my tail lights with LED’s with internal resistors on my ‘09 Touring and had a similar problem. I lost cruise and the vehicle stability light came on. Hyundai was going to replace the cruise control module. I changed the tail lights back to incandescent I had cruise, back to the LED’s, no cruise. Go figure!

#6 ·
I have a 2021 Elantra and mine started throwing up the same alerts along with the (AEB) warning light, (EPS) Electric steering warning light and the Master warning light. I had 45,223 miles on it when it started doing this. All I did was drive to the store I was in the store for about 10 min's came back out and all those light's were on and it was telling me to check the same systems yours did. I had an appointment at the dealership that day for an oil change and I called them and told them what the car was doing and they told me to bring it in and they would put the scanner on it and check for codes. (oh by the way my steering was very very stiff as well like an old car before power steering was invented!) I went out and started my car to take it to the dealership and wouldn't you know it was acting NORMAL!! and when they checked it out at the dealership they said that it did not have any stored codes and they could not find anything wrong with it. They did do a software update and the light's have not come back on yet ( KNOCK ON WOOD!!) But today when I went out and started it at work on my lunch break it said "Check lane departure system". Did you ever find out what was causing your issues? Please let me know if you woul

#9 ·
When you have dash lights come on, take a video! Turn the car back off, start the video, and re-start the car. Hope all the lights come back on. Take this video with you to your dealership. This helps a lot! I had a brake light issue with my car. And, took a video of it. When I got to the dealership for them to look at it, the light wasn't on. Showed the video to the service adviser, and the tech. They had to call Hyundai support. From there, they had the tech probe a few things, and they found the issue. Replaced the failed part, and all has been good since.