Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys and gals.. I'm pretty sure my mind is set, although I'm still pondering the full gloss black rim, instead of the machined face. They are 18"x7.5" +42mm offset. Will be putting 225/40R18 Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons on them (maybe 235... we shall see) Here are pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
not a fan of that wheel design but it's about what you like, it's your car after all.
When are you planning to get them installed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
That looks good, but I would suggest a different tire. The goodyears are good for traction, but they will start to ride rough and make lots of noise after about 5000 miles or so. look into the Nitto NeoGen tires. I put them on my VW and they performed amazingly I recently spoke to the new owner of the car and he has close to 30K miles on the tires with planty of life left and no abnormal wear. with reguards to deciding your tire size, are you planing on lowering the car at all and if so, how much? that will play a big role in the tires clearing the body. On my VW I was lowered about 4.5 to 5 inches and actually had to fit a 205/40/18 on an 8" wide wheel. the tires were stretched quite a bit, but still handled very well. just remember, the difference from the 225 and 235 is about 5mm on either side for the wheel. It may not sound like much, but depending on if you lower it and how much, it could be the difference between clearing the body or not. also, a side ote about the tires. they have a different rubber compound in the inner part of teh tire to prevent chopping in negative camber situations. it soulds like a bunch of crap, but mine had quite a bit of negative camber in the rear and they haven't gotten choppy after 30k.

·
Registered
363 Posts
How much more would those tires be?
Some people don't care much for the best tires but if it's not too far off from what he's getting then it should be something to consider.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I paid $105 each shipped. I'm not sure what the normal price is though. There was a sale going on at the time. Mine were also an odd size which would make them more expensive normally. I know if I have to put tires on mine before turning it in, I'll be puting the NeoGens on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that this is a good set-up that you have chosen here. It looks like matte black? Are you planning on going with gloss or matte for the body?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts