Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just purchased a 2019 Elantra Preferred edition

I have noticed that the rear speakers are much quieter than the fronts.

I have double checked, and have set the balance to centre.
I also tried to reset to factory in the settings menu, no luck.

To compensate l, I have set the balance towards the rear speakers, but have to crank the volume to about 25 to get the volume up to where I like it.

Not sure if the rear speakers are supposed to be quieter than the fronts, or if I have an issue.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am still using the factory head unit, and speakers (not an AV receiver) - I did not see any options to choose the speaker size, only to control the balance left, right, front, rear (LR/FR)

As I stated, I have it set more towards the back - but the overall volume is much quieter this way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain GingaNinja29...I just bought a 2019 Elantra Value Edition last week and the rear speakers are my only complaint. I've notice others in various Elantra forums/FB posts talking about the same issue. I've been researching it for the past few days and other than buying multiple add-ons, I don't find an easy solution.

I will try to check out what Mohitvermaji51 recommended, but I too don't recall a speaker option/adjustment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much! I went as far as to book an appointment with my dealership to investigate this issue...I will cancel it now that I know that this is a factory setting.

I have been considering upgrading the factory speakers to Infinity, or Rockford Fosgate.

This would be primarily to upgrade the sound in the vehicle - but I am not sure if it would have the added benefit of increasing the volume of the rear speakers, to match the fronts, or if this is something they built into head unit.

I am not interested in replacing the head unit, for one - I actually like the interface, and two - there is no compatible mounting kit for aftermarket head units as far as I have been able to find.

Do you know @ictghost based on what you've read, or experience, if upgrading the speakers solves for this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately, I've read the speaker upgrade didn't make any difference. One owner said he replaced the speakers (spent about $250 for speakers and labor) and it made no difference at all. The shop suggested he add an amp at an additional $250 cost.

Music is important to me, but I don't think I'm going to do any mods right now...to expensive. I guess this is one reason to consider a Limit or Sport model next time; one with the Infinity or Bose sound system. Friend of mine has a 2020 Limited with the Bose system and it sounds incredible.

Strangely enough, I activated my 90 day free Sirius XM radio yesterday and was amazed at how much better the radio sounded. After activating Sirius, I got an email with an offer for an additional 3 months for $2 (ended up being $17 with fees) for a total of 6 months. This morning I got an email offer for $5 a month for a year (that's just $6.58 a month with fees). I just got off the phone with them and got that deal too. So for the total now, I've signed up for 18 months, for under $100. Just another option to think about.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain GingaNinja29...I just bought a 2019 Elantra Value Edition last week and the rear speakers are my only complaint. I've notice others in various Elantra forums/FB posts talking about the same issue. I've been researching it for the past few days and other than buying multiple add-ons, I don't find an easy solution.

I will try to check out what Mohitvermaji51 recommended, but I too don't recall a speaker option/adjustment.
I have had very good experiences with Crutchfield for aftermarket stereos. I have replaced several factory units, one was a factoty Bose setup in a 97 infiniti. The Alpine replacement was a noticeable improvement. It was all plug and play except for one wire. Buy the installation kit. Their phone support was great. The kit included the specialty tools to remove the trim and the stock radio. I kept the factory speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Increase the rear speaker volume or surround speaker settings to maximum. Try selecting a different size (small or large) for the rear surround speakers in the menu. Verify that the A/V receiver is set to a surround sound mode. For Dolby Prologist surround sound, the center-channel mode must be set to NORMAL or WIDE. tutuappvip.co

·
Registered
9 Posts
Increase the rear speaker volume or surround speaker settings to maximum.....
Thanks for the reply...
I wish I had any of the settings you've listed, but the system I have doesn't. After months of keeping my eyes opened for a usable solution, I've pretty much given up. I have a friend that bought a similar model, but in a 2021. He has the same basic stereo, but Hyundai apparently corrected the issue and his back speakers work well. Just another thing I'll remember to check out when I buy the next one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts