Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra (Limited, but that shouldn’t matter, right?) and I wanted to replace the rather plain looking diffuser on the back, but I didn’t want to go all out with a bumper replacement or anything. After removing the bumper clips on the underside of it, I realized it is attached on both sides. Do I have to take the bumper off to remove this thing? All I want is to replace the diffuser, I don’t need the bumper to come off if I don’t have to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You 100% do not need to remove the rear bumper. After the clips there is some hardware securing it in place on each corner. I cant remember if they were small screws or bolts. I believe it was Phillips head screws on each side going up vertically.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, how did the removal go? I'm trying to install a different diffuser as well. I removed the screws on each side as well as the push clips (I think theres 4 of them?) But I cant seem to get the tabs to separate off of the actual bumper. How much force is needed to get the OEM diffuser piece off? I dont want to be breaking the tabs on there currently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts