Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings.
Not a lot of activity here; maybe that's a good sign.

I'm new to Hyundai and Elantra. Will be picking up my slightly used 2012 Sedan tomorrow. I'm not new to cars though. My first was a '57 Chevy BelAire that also was slightly used.

I was hoping to see some discussion of actual gas mileage achieved by real owners. There doesn't seem to be any of that here......yet.

I'd be interested in the '11, '12 and '13 models since I think they are basically the same engine. 1.8 L.

Sticker says 38 highway. Anybody really get that, regularly ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
The best I've seen in our car is 29, it's a 2001 and we do maybe 20-25 percent city driving to 75-80 percent highway. The worst I've seen is 22. This averages us out at 25.5, just over the EPA estimate. No complaint about that if I'm beating their estimate.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best I've seen in our car is 29, it's a 2001
Maybe someone will find that interesting but it's a radically different car than mine.

On a 50 mile trip today, half interstate at 65 and half 2-lanes at about 50, the computer says I got 38.2. Virtually no stop and go involved so I'm sure my around town number won't be nearly that good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do Mixed Driving. Averaging about 30-31. Of course its cold here in NJ. Sometimes when I drive its about 24F outside. Which does have an effect on MPGs. Highest I saw was just shy of 39 once.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greetings.
Not a lot of activity here; maybe that's a good sign.

I'm new to Hyundai and Elantra. Will be picking up my slightly used 2012 Sedan tomorrow. I'm not new to cars though. My first was a '57 Chevy BelAire that also was slightly used.

I was hoping to see some discussion of actual gas mileage achieved by real owners. There doesn't seem to be any of that here......yet.

I'd be interested in the '11, '12 and '13 models since I think they are basically the same engine. 1.8 L.

Sticker says 38 highway. Anybody really get that, regularly ??

This forum is fairly new, i've been around here for a bit and noticed how quiet it can be but I find it to be really helpful. On the plus side every once in a while that I check back I see even more people on it, you as one of them!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have yet to see anything close to 38... I'd be happy to see 34! Can't wait to see what a highway trip will bring, and what warmer temps will do too. So far, not impressed with the mileage. I'm getting around the same as my old 98 Sunfire GT :/

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have yet to see anything close to 38... I'd be happy to see 34! Can't wait to see what a highway trip will bring, and what warmer temps will do too. So far, not impressed with the mileage. I'm getting around the same as my old 98 Sunfire GT :/
Hopefully man! I find that sometimes in cool weather, not cold to a point you don't want to go out, cars run better. Spring and fall is when I find my cars run their best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts