Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can shut the screen off by pressing the "Display" button, but I'd prefer to have it on, but at about 1/2 the brightness. The brightness is fairly distracting while driving at night.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and worked something out?

I was thinking about window tint film, or possibly cracking the whole thing open and flipping the LCD polarizer screen to "reverse" the display colors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That display should dim along with the dash lights.

You do know that there is a control to dim the dash lights......right ??

It only works when the headlights are ON.....and/or it is dark out, depending on the model.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you have a touch screen, you can set the day/night brightnesses. It's also variable with the dimmer on the left of the steering column.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
radio display dimming

That display should dim along with the dash lights.

You do know that there is a control to dim the dash lights......right ??

It only works when the headlights are ON.....and/or it is dark out, depending on the model.
The display dims very slightly, bit not enough for my liking. I'm trying to find a parted-out radio either on ebay or a junkyard to experiment with flipping the LCD polarizing filter to reverse the display.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There might be something wrong with it. When I am driving I have to turn my down to half way for it helps me view the road better at night. It displays 6 Zeros for full brightness then down to none for least brightness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts