Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1998 hyundia elantra and the pressure power steering hose has started leaking .I have a new one ,I what to know how hard it is to replace ,or should I take it to a mechinic and let him do the work

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined its a pretty easy job. I looked up the part online and it looks like there is a steel line that is connected to a rubber flex line for this application. Replacement is literally loosening up the nuts and fasteners to the old line to remove it and installation is the same way in reverse.

If you do take on this project a few things to keep in mind:

1. It looks like there is a rubber O-Ring on one end of the line. Just make sure to use a new O-Ring on the new part.
2. When you take the old line off do one side at at a time and make sure you have something to cap off the reservoir and any other lines that will leak fluid once the old line is off.
3. You will have to bleed the PS system afterwards. This is really simple to do, just keep the cap off of the reservoir and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock. during this process you will want to check the level of fluid to make sure it doesnt get too low and start sucking in air.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts