Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 elantra standard type A headlight set up with the orange parking lamp in the first position (blinker and running light). My problem is the left side light is out, I tried to replace the bulb but still wouldn't work. I tested the bulb in other side and it turned on no problem. Here's the really confusing part, that same light that is out when used for "running light" purposes, turns on and works fine when I use my left blinker. Can someone please tell me what is happening here?! Makes no sense to me .. oh and I checked the fuse its fine.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could potentially be the wrong bulb #. Some bulbs look almost identical but they are not and can cause issues. I just recently bought a 2018 elantra and I had no brake lights due to the inspection mechanic installing the wrong bulb. Causing them to work sometimes, and not others. I corrected the issue and the dealer paid for the replacement parts since this was the second day I owned the car. I did a quick search and you should be using a 2357A bulb. If it is the correct bulb, it is possible for one of the filaments to be bad inside the bulb, but if you tried it on both sides and it works on the other then it could be the wire leading to the bulb socket. Buy a new 2357A and try this to better trouble shoot your issue. Worst case scenario is you use this new bulb down the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2017 elantra standard type A headlight set up with the orange parking lamp in the first position (blinker and running light). My problem is the left side light is out, I tried to replace the bulb but still wouldn't work. I tested the bulb in other side and it turned on no problem. Here's the really confusing part, that same light that is out when used for "running light" purposes, turns on and works fine when I use my left blinker. Can someone please tell me what is happening here?! Makes no sense to me .. oh and I checked the fuse its fine.

Thank you!
Sounds like no power to the parking light filament, check from socket back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts