Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The engine light came on in our 2009 Elantra today. The code is a P2195 which say O2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1. From what I understand this is the sensor upstream of the converter easily accessible from under the hood.

I also found that sometime, Toyota was mentioned specifically, that this could instead be saying that an airflow sensor or other sensors are the problem, or possibly a vacuum leak or fuel delivery issues.

For this car, would it be best to just change the O2 sensor under the hood and see if that does the trick before going down a rabbit hole chasing possible other issues? They are a little more expensive than I am used to but not that bad...

Some additional info: this is the girlfriends car, and she had mentioned that it occasionally felt like it had a loss of power where you would hit the gas usually with the car already moving and it just didn't respond as it typically does. Of course, every time I took it out to try and feel it for myself it was fine, lol. Does this sound like a slowly failing O2 sensor?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up just changing the O2 sensor and the car has been running fine with no engine lights so all good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts