Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting intermittent code P0304 (cylinder 4 misfire). I looked up code and found 10 things that may be the cause. I have already replaced spark plugs and still happens. One thing listed is ignition coil pack. Has anyone found this to be cause of code? Also, would aftermarket be ok to get or do I need to get OEM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After search exhaustion, went ahead and took to repair shop. Coil pack for cylinder 2 and 4 bad, There are 2. One for 1 and 3 and 1 for 2 and 4.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After search exhaustion, went ahead and took to repair shop. Coil pack for cylinder 2 and 4 bad, There are 2. One for 1 and 3 and 1 for 2 and 4.
Made mistake. The coil pack came as one unit for all 4 cylinders. It does have 2 as an assembly. One for 1 and 4 and the other is for 2 and 3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made mistake. The coil pack came as one unit for all 4 cylinders. It does have 2 as an assembly. One for 1 and 4 and the other is for 2 and 3.
Come to find out, coil pack was not problem. Injector for #4 cylinder was not operating correctly electrically causing P0304 code. Glad to have that taken care of.

:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts