Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2014 Elantra Limited and I just drove my first 80 miles at night.... It was terrible. I felt like I was going to drive off the edge of the world because my headlights don't light up the road far enough in front of me; it was awful.

I saw a post where a guy recommended Phillips X-treme Vision bulbs; however, the manual says the low beam is a 9005L+ / 60W...... the Xtreme Vision says it's a 9005 / HB3+.

I'm at a loss what to do, should I buy new bulbs? What is the L+, can I just get a 9005.... or a HB3+?

Then next question(s)..... it doesn't look real easy to get to them, do I have to pull the assembly? The manual says to disconnect the battery:( and pull the assembly on the driver's side. Bummer. Is it hard?

·
Registered
3 Posts
actually its really easy to remove the headlights to do any adjustments, check on youtube how to do it, it's pretty easy.... even to clean mine i remove the headlights sometimes.... is that easy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see videos on older models, but not for mine:( Looks like there are 3 bolts and then she slides out the front. Probably only necessary on the driver's side, right? Passenger I should be able to pop the bulbs into pretty easy without taking the assembly out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
To remove the headlight assemblies there are 3 bolts (10mm and 12mm), unplug the wire harness and carefully wiggle the assembly out of the front end. You can check YouTube for HID headlight installs. They have to remove the headlight assembly for the upgrade (even if you're not interested in HIDs, just the headlight removal process). I've done this for our 2013 Coupe, my 2014 Coupe and my wife's 2016 GT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts