Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was suggested that I keep a log of my Elantra Coupe's MPG here for all to see. I have the SE A/T and it's NOT the PZEV. The EPA suggests 28 city / 39 highway, so we shall see how it goes. On a recent trip, I did hit that magical 39, so it is possible!

About my commute:

Monday = 11 city miles
Tuesday = 80 highway miles + 10 city miles
Wednesday = 11 city miles
Thursday = 11 city miles
Friday = 5 city miles
Saturday = 5 city miles
Sunday = 80 highway miles + 10 city miles

(Bonus points to anyone who guesses correctly why the schedule changes! Ha.)

So, my driving breaks down to ~70% highway, ~30% city. I will be tracking my mileage using an app on my iPhone called Road Trip Lite. It offeres MPG and Mileage tracking. I would like to get the full version which will also the ability to let me keep track of my maintenance history and expenses, but $4.99 for an app? Yikes. Anyway, I will continue to update this after every fill up.

NOTES: I will be filling up at the same gas station each time, just to get rid of 1 variable. I also drive w/ ECO on, and I cruise at 71-72 on the highway. If there are any other questions or if I missed anything, let me know!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not 40mpg but still good. So far 30+ seems to be what you are getting. I'm guessing if I drive like I stole it it'll probably be high 20's

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

I pushed Blanca today. I went on a journey and wanted to see how far I could go and if the mileage was accurate.

Short answer, no. I drove 78 miles but my ODO says I drove 74. Also, my mileage was displaying this (after resetting after my last fill)

But I actually got about 30.4 with about 60% highway and 40% city. This was with Eco on.

Overall, I'm so happy with my Elantra and 30 dollar fill ups! I started driving with Eco off for the first time tonight (and will do a couple fill ups with it off) and BOY. I did NOT feel like I was driving through mud anymore!

Just for good measure:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car should feel more responsive with ECO mode off. **** these expensive gas prices !!!
Right? Gas is ridiculous. I can't wait to finish law school and make enough money so that gas prices don't matter!

And it feels like I'm driving a regular car with ECO off! I love it. So far, my gas mileage hasn't suffered too bad, but we shall see with this next fill up. Doing a bit more city driving.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Right? Gas is ridiculous. I can't wait to finish law school and make enough money so that gas prices don't matter!

And it feels like I'm driving a regular car with ECO off! I love it. So far, my gas mileage hasn't suffered too bad, but we shall see with this next fill up. Doing a bit more city driving.
Are you keeping ECO off for a long period of time? or is it when you just feel like opening up your Elantra and having some fun and back to driving "green"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you keeping ECO off for a long period of time? or is it when you just feel like opening up your Elantra and having some fun and back to driving "green"
Meh. Probably for a month. I want to get a feel for what my MPG will be with it off. If it's terrible like everyone else's has been, I'll go back to ECO, even though driving is so mundane with it on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Meh. Probably for a month. I want to get a feel for what my MPG will be with it off. If it's terrible like everyone else's has been, I'll go back to ECO, even though driving is so mundane with it on.
Patiently waiting to see your numbers with and without ECO, just curious what the difference will be.

When did you start driving with ECO off?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Patiently waiting to see your numbers with and without ECO, just curious what the difference will be.

When did you start driving with ECO off?
Nov. 6th. So far, mileage is about the same. The true test will be today's fill up as it will be on a whole tank, not just a portion of a tank. (The 9th and the 10th reflect ECO off. 9th was city driving and the 10th was about 60% highway)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts