Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just picked up a CPO Sky Blue Metallic 2011 Elantra Limited. I love the car. Picked it up yesterday only to drive back to the dealer with a front end suspension problem. Not too happy. Why would a new car dealer deliver any car new or used with a problem like that! I went back after about an hour of driving it around. They saw I was clearly pissed! Right away I was on a test drive with the service manager and one of his techs and they too admitted the problem coming from the front end of the suspension. Not too sure what they said but I know the word stabilizer was used. Anyway now I have to wait for the part to come in and make another (waste of my time) trip to the dealer. Good thing it is a CPO car. I should have them replace the whole front end suspension. Unfortunately today's cars are not made like they used to. Otherwise obviously I liked the Elantra enough to purchase one and happy to be here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a test drive but I guess it was not long enough to determine there were issues. Let's see how the dealer will resolve this matter. It's not a good feeling to have a bad taste in your mouth from day one. I think these are well made cars and the fit and finish reminds of old Hondas in the mid 80's when they were trying to make a name for themselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The saga continues. Right now I am driving a loaner car. My Elantra not only needs front end suspension work it also needs a new rack and pinion! The car only has 43,000 miles! I am not a happy camper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I am a happy owner ! Car fixed runs like new. Great service from dealership. What more can I ask for.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The saga continues. Right now I am driving a loaner car. My Elantra not only needs front end suspension work it also needs a new rack and pinion! The car only has 43,000 miles! I am not a happy camper.
Hopefully that new replacement rack and pinion will be the last time you'll need to do something hydraulic power steering related, failing power steering systems can be a PITA.

at least with a hydraulic system like what your elantra has, it gives you early warnings of issues.

keep us posted on your elantra experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts