Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Traded my 08 Chev Malibu for the 13 Elantra Coupe GS. Shimmering Silver.

Question. How does the DRLs work? Do I leave the headlamp switch ON? Or do the lights come on automatically?

I Apologize, My first post somehow ended up in the wrong section. If the Administartor could remove it please.

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
225 Miles and i'm loving the Elantra. I love the 31.7 MPG Average. Tighter turns. The Automatic Shifter. Kinda like a fighter jet. Less "Blindspots" than the 08 Malibu I traded.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The DRLs will be on themselves when you are driving. You don't have to have the headlights on. The DRLs will actually turn off once you turn the headlights on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like the Elantra compared to your Malibu?
Hard to say at this point. Main reason was I need a lower payment. Saw an opportunity to get a new car. With a lower payment and a Full Warranty. Took it. The Malibu was going to need 4 tires, Battery soon. One Headlamp was leaking. I do all my own Maintenance. As I used to work as an Auto Tech.

The Malibu had a few more options. Power Moonroof. Power driver seat. Was a bigger car. Held the road pretty good for only being a 1LT. I liked driving it. But it was more car then I needed. As I am Single with no kids. Mileage was decent. Mine was one of the first ones out of the factory. To date, The Most Reliable of any car owned. Not counting the Elantra. Turning radius was rather large. I am saddened that I had to trade. Mostly due to my financial situation.

The Elantra Coupe isnt a bad car. I wish I could have afforded the SE model in Gray. With the moonroof and all. I do Like the tighter turning radius. Better MPGs. Less Blind Spots. 6 Spd Trans is interesting. The Heat is unbelievable in this car. I have to keep turning it down. Wonder how well the AC works??? Eventually I want to put the Hyundai Remote Start on. I miss that from the Malibu. Especially in winter. I should be able to install that myself. Assuming the PCM doesnt need to be reprogrammed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts