Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0L 6MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 Elantra SE (6 speed manual) and it’s already been de-badged and a short ram intake added. It came with 195/65r15 wheels/tires (steel). I have an 06 Pontiac G6 as my second car with 225/45r17 wheels/tires. Will the bigger rims work on the SE? If so, what’s a good tire size to put on the rims to clear turning space and fender edges?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Elantra SE (6 speed manual) and it’s already been de-badged and a short ram intake added. It came with 195/65r15 wheels/tires (steel). I have an 06 Pontiac G6 as my second car with 225/45r17 wheels/tires. Will the bigger rims work on the SE? If so, what’s a good tire size to put on the rims to clear turning space and fender edges?
Dude if they are stock 06 pontiac rims they will not fit on the Elantra. First off they are different bolt patterns. pontiac. 5 x 110. You Elantra is 5 x 114.3. check this link for the sises you would need. including is you go larger. Hyundai Elantra 2018 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com (wheel-size.com)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dude if they are stock 06 pontiac rims they will not fit on the Elantra. First off they are different bolt patterns. pontiac. 5 x 110. You Elantra is 5 x 114.3. check this link for the sises you would need. including is you go larger. Hyundai Elantra 2018 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com (wheel-size.com)
It’s not the stock G6 rims though. They’re aftermarket with alternate bolt patterns. “Universal” I believe. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth trying them or if the fit will be a dud

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s not the stock G6 rims though. They’re aftermarket with alternate bolt patterns. “Universal” I believe. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth trying them or if the fit will be a dud
I would recommend staying close to the back set of 50mm. If the tires are larger than 205 R 50/17 make sure they clear. I went with the 16 inch rims because I felt they handle better and wear longer. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would recommend staying close to the back set of 50mm. If the tires are larger than 205 R 50/17 make sure they clear. I went with the 16 inch rims because I felt they handle better and wear longer. Good luck.
So I tried it. Turns out they fit in the front with 225/50r17 but honestly I agree with you. I’ll keep them stock until I get a set of 16s or 205 17s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts