Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am excited to become a part of this forum. I have had a 2011 Elantra sedan GLS for a while now but I've never joined in. I'll post some pictures of my car later. I've done a few personalizations on my car, but most of them I can reverse to make it look like it came straight from the dealership again. I've really enjoyed this car since I bought it. I hope everyone else has enjoyed their Elantra as much as I've enjoyed mine!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also a new member from PA. Just bought my 2013 Elantra GLS three days ago and loved it. I was dead set on purchasing a Civic until I decided to take a test drive in my Elantra. I loved it. The body is amazing, the interior is a huge upgrade over the Civic, and gas mileage is wonderful. I'm getting over 40 MPG highway and close to 30 city. Granted it's only been 3 days since purchasing the car but I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it took so long to get a picture on here. I just snapped it quickly from my iPhone after I got off work. I cant even count the number of things that I've done to it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get a picture on here. I just snapped it quickly from my iPhone after I got off work. I cant even count the number of things that I've done to it.

not bad, I like how you blacked out specific area's of your elantra. black roof being my favorite :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I was traveling back to Northeastern Oklahoma to visit my parents. Little did I know that a huge pothole was created 1 mile away from their house!

The tire was still under warranty so it was easily replaced. It was just my luck.

Btw.. I plan on ordering some Rear Bumper Reflector LED's soon. I will post picks when I get the Mod done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put these LED Bumper Reflectors in about a week ago. It was a pretty easy thing to do to enhance the looks and safety of the car (IMO). They become slightly brighter when the brake is pressed, but it's not enough to be able to tell in a photo.

The next "mod" I plan on doing will probably be some aftermarket projector lens headlights and black bezeled taillights.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I always disliked having lower lights as seen in the photo above, it would be cool if they start looking into a low center mounted light for more of a sporty and cleaner look and feel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always disliked having lower lights as seen in the photo above, it would be cool if they start looking into a low center mounted light for more of a sporty and cleaner look and feel.
I know what you mean! The looks of the BR-Z and FR-S's rear lights are definitely sporty and clean with their low mounted center brake lights. These cars are also sporty coupes with quick 0-60's and great handling. I've been trying to imagine what one would look like on an E and just can't picture it.

Who wants to be the first??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I gave in and decided to order some foglights for my GLS and plan on installing them just before Christmas. I also bought some light smoke headlight tint that I can play around with. I'm not really a fan of tinting headlights or taillights, but I decided a light tint should be fine. I'll post pics once I get everything going.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know what you mean! The looks of the BR-Z and FR-S's rear lights are definitely sporty and clean with their low mounted center brake lights. These cars are also sporty coupes with quick 0-60's and great handling. I've been trying to imagine what one would look like on an E and just can't picture it.

Who wants to be the first??
Exactly! Those are some great examples.
If no one has done it in the U.S. as yet, I can bet that someone in Korea already did it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone!!

Okay, so the Fog lights came in today and I just finished tinting one of them. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and install them both with tint or to just leave them OEM! (Keep in mind my car has a white with black theme!) I need some opinions?!?!

Left (OEM) Right (Smoked)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up installing the fog lights with a layer of tint on them. I ended up taking the bumper off which made me very uncomfortable, but it's actually quite easy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also installed a Diode Dynamics footwell kit that my brother bought me for Christmas! He has the same setup in his Veloster Turbo so he helped me out on this one. The kit has a lot of preset colors with 4 different modes that will run through the colors if you get bored with a solid color.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Today, I ended up installing my new headlights that I bought on eBay and I can't even begin to express how great they are. I drove around with them a little and found out that they are Bi-Xenon HID Projectors which was icing on the cake. They look good (IMO) and they are safer than my OEM's with HID's.

I plan on "playing" with the high beam reflector area of the headlight since it serves as extra lighting and isn't necessary.

Also, I was looking at my foglights and noticed that it looked like they were peeling all-over. It turns out that I left the protective layer over the tint after I installed them. That was 5 months ago!

*face palm

They look much better now!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a little update:
Today I installed the matte black vinyl to the front of the E. I don't know if I'll keep it but I'm going to leave it on for a week or two before I decide. I just like how it somewhat covers up the holes that the dealership drilled into the front of the car for their advertisement. I absolutely hate that they do that.

What do you think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a quick update: I installed a couple bulbs in my headlights for our local cruise night. I ended up deciding on a red demon eye and a red wedge bulb that is in the reflective housing. They were both wired to a single switch. Anyway here is the pic.

I thought it made the headlights look interesting and it took me maybe 2 hours of work. I ended up taking the wedge bulbs out after cruise night, but I kept the demon eye LEDs in. The demon eye isn't too bright so it shouldn't be too distracting. Around sunrise and sunset is the only time that they glow fairly bright at certain angles. It doesn't affect my cutoff line or anything when my lows or highs are on. It's just a simple accessory light for daytime running. It's kind of a love or hate thing and I love it so that's why I'm keeping it. Anyway, just wanted to show everyone my little project.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like the matte black vinyl...how does it come? Pre-cut or have to cut yourself...please send details...looks very sharp.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade the 3rd/center/high mounted brake light bulb to red LED on my 2014 Coupe. I can't seem to verify the bulb number. Can someone supply the bulb number so I can research a correct replacement?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts