Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am planning to buy a new Elantra this week. Test drove it yesterday. Liked it. It seems to have more room than other smaller cars i have tried. In fact it seemed to have as much room as my 7gen Accord. .... but I am wondering if later on I would regret not getting the bigger car; the Sonata.

Can you guys clear some of this up for me. :)

THank you

·
Registered
296 Posts
They are both different cars.

It's hard to compare.

If you drive the Sonata and you like it go for it.

Both great cars.

I like the styling of the Elantra.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can you guys clear some of this up for me. :)
NO......but maybe we can help you clear it up for yourself. ;)

What will the primary use of the car be: city or highway ?

I really like my Elantra but don't think it is a road car for long trips.
For that I like my Malibu much better.....or the Sonata too.

Take an extended test drive in both. Look for some bad roads; potholes and OLD asphalt. Listen for road noise.

The only regret I have with my Elantra is not asking the dealer what it would cost me to upgrade to better tires.....that are quieter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are both different cars.

It's hard to compare.

If you drive the Sonata and you like it go for it.

Both great cars.

I like the styling of the Elantra.
Thanks for the reply.

I went back and test drove both cars today (elantra and sonata). and i really just can't decide. i like things about both of them.

I am a bigger guy. 6 foot, 280. so the extra room in the sonata is nice. i also have a 2 yr boy. so having a little extra room makes sense. it definitely had a little more power, but not as nimble feeling as the elantra.

the elantra feels lighter and more nimble. i like that it can get near 40 mpg on the highway. though i do mostly in town driving. i live about a mile from work. the biggest draw for me to the elantra is the price, the gas mileage, and how surpsisingly roomy it is for how small it is.

we do take occasional drives along the coast (cali), so it is nice to be less concerned about gas. (though my v6 accord gets close to 30 on the highway now). ... i look forward to having bluetooth integrated for my calls and especially for my google play and pandora.

NO......but maybe we can help you clear it up for yourself. ;)

What will the primary use of the car be: city or highway ?

I really like my Elantra but don't think it is a road car for long trips.
For that I like my Malibu much better.....or the Sonata too.

Take an extended test drive in both. Look for some bad roads; potholes and OLD asphalt. Listen for road noise.

The only regret I have with my Elantra is not asking the dealer what it would cost me to upgrade to better tires.....that are quieter.
thanks easy rider, for chiming in.

one minute i think, maybe i need to the bigger car. mainly for comfort. but the effecient thing to do would be to get the elantra. ... it does concern me a little about the long drive comment you made. i thought it might be a good little road trip car. ... but havent took it very far on the freeway on my test drives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking the wife to the Hyundai dealership tomorrow. she is going to test drive the cars for herself and see what she thinks.

very well might be coming home with a Black Elantra.

thanks again for all the comments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts