Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, totally new here, not too car savvy. Just purchased CCFL headlight replacement online and i had a couple of questions. The package says it comes with the Halogen bulbs(H1 and H11) but i want the hyper white almost blue.... Like in luxury models. I know the bulbs kelvin temp has something to with it and the wattage. I don't wanna melt this brand new assembly, as out was expensive, but i know the hyper whites in the same wattage i need exist. Does any have any links or product info on a good bulb that will last?
Also when i replace the assembly will i have to take off my bumper? Any links to vehicle specific video install would help

And lastly I'm looking for an upper grille replacement with no logo of any kind does that exist?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can't help you with the upper grille replacement but if you want bright lights go for HID kits. You can get HID kit installed into the headlight for a bright light. If you want blue go for 5000k-6000k. If you just wanted regular halogen bulb (plug and play) just get 6500k Halogen Bulbs in the correct sizing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I found that some 5000k-6000k HID's appear to be more on the white side rather than blue. Some packages even say it's White something, but really it's some super light blue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've installed HIDs in my 2014 Coupe (see image). Rated at 6000K. Very white with a just hint of blue. Heat is not an issue. I would NOT recommend HID high-beams as they take too long to get to brightness. I've upgraded my high-beams using high power LED units.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts