Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently in the market for a brand new Elantra. I have not bought anything yet as I'm still doing research. I have my options narrowed down to 3. Elantra SE,GT both with 6 speed manual. Also considering a coupe with auto of course as I'm finding the dont have a 6 speed manual option. I was reading the 1.8l have some major issues which is pushing me away from the SE and GT. What I was reading was from the 2013 model year though. Was this issue fixed or does it continue into 2014? Also what is the difference between an SE and a GT? Any details, personal experience or just opinions would be of great help. Thank you!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2013 6-speed manual grey Elantra Sedan GLS. I am really enjoying it. They came out with a new sport model that as 172HP. If I would have know, I would have waited and bought that model. I bet it is more enjoyable with the extra horsepower they put into it. The SE "special edition" has more features such as navigation, fog lights etc. but they don't make a manual transmission in the SE model. The GT model is the hatchback. If you want more trunk space, don't get the GT. I'd get the Sport model. It is all your preference though. I went from having a 2-door hatchback car to a sedan and really like all the extra room. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to get my gt from a dealer in az.after testing all the gt is the best for me. The gt has more cargo room than larger cars. The roof line is like a 70 gremlin. Lots of head room for people in the back seat. The seats fold twice the bottoms flip up and that let's the back fold flat so it's like a mini suv. I like the factthier is less gt on the road in vegas. But i had a **** of a time getting a style and technology package .that's a 5500 price ad on.every one had white or the dull
like gray. So I wanted red or blue. None my stealer could one. Made a deal in AZ cost me 600 to ship it. Good luck in your choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts