Elantra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just purchased 2013 Elantra sedan to tow behind a motor home. Nee to know if anyone knows of a good tight fitting sports bra :) for these cars? Have ordered the tow base plate just waiting for it to come in for install.

Took it up the local 10000 ft mountain this weekend and it ran well, the upshift/downshift icon is a waste however as it will take you out of the rpm ranges needed.

Anyhow thanks in advance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
first things first do you know about the cup sizes?

theres the A, the B, the C and the D. D is the biggest ;)

I think a fabric BRA will offer you better protection behind the motor home. The 3M ones are thin and a rock shot up at the fascia will dent, the fabric ones will cushion impact IMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for sizes there has to be a 'marble size' for the elantra is there not:)? I was thinking of using both with the clear under the material one. Should keep from skinning the paint?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well for sizes there has to be a 'marble size' for the elantra is there not:)? I was thinking of using both with the clear under the material one. Should keep from skinning the paint?
double wrapped, nice! Yea that should keep you more than safe :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hate car bras, but especially the fabric ones. They are a auto-sin. Go with the clear one if you must, just make sure that you get it installed professionally to avoid air bubbles.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think a regular clear bra is good enough

Look beyond 3M

There is ventureshield and nano. Find a good installer who cuts the film digitally and not by hand.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I cant stand the fabric ones. they usually will scratch the paint and eventyually they tend to build up mold under them. A clear one will be the best bet, but they also only last a couple years and depending on what roads you are towing on, you may end up needing to replace it every year. however, replacing the clear plastic is a lot better than repainting the front of the car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
thats why i think he has a good plan going with a clear bra and then laying the fabric one over top. Even if he just uses the fabric bra for towing behind his RV. I think the fabric will give better padding to the rocks that the RV will be shooting back at it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thats why i think he has a good plan going with a clear bra and then laying the fabric one over top. Even if he just uses the fabric bra for towing behind his RV. I think the fabric will give better padding to the rocks that the RV will be shooting back at it.
I must have missed that, but I agree.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate car bras, but especially the fabric ones. They are a auto-sin. Go with the clear one if you must, just make sure that you get it installed professionally to avoid air bubbles.

Couldn't agree more! I would not recommend a fabric/vinyl bra to anyone. These damage paint jobs! The clear film you put over the front end is the best idea. Also, you may want to consider plasti dip. They sell it in many different colors and it literally sprays on from an aerosol can. I've personally used it on wheels and body panels and the protection it provides is great. When you want to remove it the plasti dip just peels right off and the paint is perfect underneath. If you want more info just let me know. I got mine at home depot for 6 bucks a can. for the front of an elantra you might need a can or two.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
grey14, yes what plasti dip are you referring to. The stuff that coats tools? got a part number for the stuff so I can go look?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes that's the stuff. They sell it in spray cans now. Actually, small businesses are popping up all over the place that will do wheels and parts, even the whole car. I just read the other day that someone plastidipped their whole car and left it on for 6 years. When they took it off the original paint was like it rolled off the showroom floor. I've been looking at dipyourcar.com. They have tons of products.

·
Registered
173 Posts
dipyourcar.com actually has exclusive colors as well. they work dirrectly with plastidip and know their stuff. look them up on youtube. They are also really great people. I've dealt with them a few times cause their store is only about 30 minutes away from me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts