Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. Its has a cylinder 2 misfire an then the computer is showing a oxygen sensor slow response. 2 months ago I had mutiple misfires. I changed plugs still missfireing. So I changed all 4 fuel injectors. There was no noticeable misfire but the computer still read cylinder 2 misfire I didnt think anything of it because I couldn't tell it was misfiring. So I figured it was a code stuck on the computer. Now 2 months later its back to misfiring like it was 2 months ago. Iv checked the plugs and wires. I swapped injectors around to see if that was it.still misfiring on the same cylinder. I sprayed dw40 all around the intake manifold gasket. No rev in the motor so leak. Im trying to do whatever diagnostics I can at home. Im low on money at the moment. Any advice can help thank. Also oil has been changed every 3000 miled im a firm believer in that.plus when it first started misfiring 2 months ago if I turned the ac on the performance of the car dropped like acceleration an stuff. After I fixed the misfiring 2 months ago it still did it. Idk why its doing that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Now 2 months later its back to misfiring like it was 2 months ago. Iv checked the plugs and wires.
You seldom can identify a bad plug wire....or coil....with a visual inspection or simple test.

BUT those things would be just another wild guess and the wild guesses might end up being more expensive in the long run than a diagnostic visit at an independent shop.

If you run it too long with a real mis-fire, that is one that you can detect in the performance, it can damage the CAT converter and those are rather expensive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You seldom can identify a bad plug wire....or coil....with a visual inspection or simple test.

BUT those things would be just another wild guess and the wild guesses might end up being more expensive in the long run than a diagnostic visit at an independent shop.

If you run it too long with a real mis-fire, that is one that you can detect in the performance, it can damage the CAT converter and those are rather expensive.
If there is a Hyundai code reader, it would be easy to identify the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts