Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I recently got a 2020 Hyundai Elantra SEL (used), I’m just wondering what you guys have experienced with this car, the good and the bad. I live in a mountainous area so my mileage is around 33mpg, is there any way I can bump it up more? I’ve seen some tunes that claim to increase mpg, horsepower, and torque. If there’s anything else you guys would like to let me know, please do.

Also how often do you change your oil(s)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome :)! I also have a 2020 elantra, mine is the value edition. Not sure on any tunes for the car, I live in a hilly area as well and have been averaging about 32-33 mpg depending on my driving habits. I've been doing oil changes every 3.5k miles per the dealership's recommendation for mine. Its been a great car so far, no real issues with it. I've owned it for a year at this point and have put 12k miles on since I purchased it new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All those gas saving tunes and stuff is crap. I get 38-41 on a flat highway driving not above 70. Now if I push the speed drops to 33-35. Now on the highways that are up and down I get around 32. Pretty much if I push my 2019 Elantra SEL the mileage goes down. If I drive normal I get better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck! Hyundais are not that great as you will see soon. I have one too and wished that I would have spent a few more dollars and bought a better car. The number of failed engines that Hyundai replaces under warranty is crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts