Elantra Forum banner

My 2014 Elantra Coupe GS

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  annejones101 
#1 ·
Not much done to it, but I plan on lowering it now that the 18" rims are on.

See less See more
#3 ·
Didn't want to authenticate with Google+ anymore, so this is my new account... I am the OP! :p

Here's the latest pic; dipped the lip PINK for Cancer Awareness and had the front windows tinted up.

Attachments

#6 ·
Looks awesome! Loved the pink for Cancer awareness too. Question: How did you remove the plastic cover (labeled GDI) over the engine to change it/paint it?

#7 ·
Thanks! The local car scene was able to raise close to $10,000 CDN for the local Children's Hospital for cancer research! Not "earth shattering", but decent none-the-less!

Pretty easily actually. It will literally pop off when you tug straight up on it.

Try it out, you'll see. There's approximately 4 pins that catch on the top of the engine/bottom of the panel. Best to have one hand at each corner at the top (red arrows) and pull, and then repeat for the bottom 2 corners (orange arrows). (for the first removal, at least).

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks for the graphic. I was afraid to tug on it, but now will try it out knowing there are tabs holding it in place. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.