Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on our 2013 Elantra we're having intermittent problems with the engine losing power while driving and the tachometer reading "0", yet the engine is still running. had to turn off and on about 4 or 5 times this evening to get the car to "reset" itself. usually happens around 35-55 mph but this evening it happened while at a stoplight. anyone have any idea what the problem may be. i've heard about the crankshaft sensor issue. could this be what's going on? we recently received a message from our local dealership about a safety bulletin about an "engine control module". could this be the issue? car has approx 77,000 miles on it. thanks for all reads and replies!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 2011 Elantra right now. No codes being thrown and won't replicate at the shop, so dealership isn't sure how to fix it. Did you find a solution? We changed out the spark plugs and an engine coil, but issue resurfaced a couple days later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 2011 Elantra right now. No codes being thrown and won't replicate at the shop, so dealership isn't sure how to fix it. Did you find a solution? We changed out the spark plugs and an engine coil, but issue resurfaced a couple days later.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes....you most likely need to change your crankshaft sensor. It's a specialized sensor that reads a special tone ring that rotates with the fly wheel and determines engine revolutions therefore giving you a tachometer reading. Engine will still run, just won't perform as it should. Your local Hyundai dealer should be able to scan the ECM and pick up on a trouble code for that.

Good luck

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Elantra just did same thing while I was on interstate and I was run off road because I could not accelerate above 20 mph. A semi just missed me. Coil pack changed and next day the engine just stopped and tachometer quit working once I restarted engine. I contacted Hyundai and am waiting on the national techs to advise local Hyundai.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts