Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, me and my wife have been travelling round Australia in her 2001 elantra GL. The car's developed a weird problem. After driving about 3 hrs we lose acceleration. It feels like fuel starvation. I found recently that when the problem occurs, if I turn off the ignition and restart, she goes back to normal running for 10 minutes or so and then starts playing up again. If we pull over and switch of for half hour or more she's good for longer. Should I be checking the fuel tank or filter? How can I check for fault codes on the ecu? I've tried opening the fuel cap to see if she's breathing ok and no change. Any ideas?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any ideas?
Yes. Sounds like fuel starvation.
Fuel filter would be a good place to start......but you might have a fuel pump going bad.

Overall, a dealer visit for a diagnostic check might be cheaper in the long run that just guessing and replacing parts yourself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it is a fuel pump, it's easy to replace them on these cars. There is an access panel under teh rear seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unemployed

After the recession incident in our country, there are still a lot of people who needed a stable job to support their families. But the good news is, there are now a lot of people who have found a new job and left a few more that doesn't have one. The country is seeing a modest growth in hiring, states the United States Department of Labor. It documented that, for the week ended Aug. 4, unemployment application filings fell by 6,000. If you need help getting by while waiting on a job, get an installment loan. If you need help with your expenses at home, try availing an installment loan right away. You will be able to pay all your monthly bills on time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts