Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just bought my Elantra GT on Monday and as most of you, I'm sure, have already started looking in to ways to make it unique. I don't plan on doing any mechanical upgrades just yet, but I have noticed...in my opinion anyway...that the European i30 looks much nicer than the American version. I loved the car before I bought it and stumbled on the i30 while looking for tail light tints. Does anyone know where I could find OEM i30 body parts...mainly the bumpers, grille and headlight/tail lights?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like that one too. The only thing that concerns me about it is its a lip kit for the I30 front bumper. I dont know if the GT bumper is different as far as dimensions go.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like that one too. The only thing that concerns me about it is its a lip kit for the I30 front bumper. I dont know if the GT bumper is different as far as dimensions go.
I looked at pictures of both front ends on the USDM Elantra GT hatch and i30 and both have the same front end design. There shouldn't be a problem. If you need to make sure, contact the vendor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that the aero kit Elantra picture above looks really nice. I would consider getting that if it didn't cost too much. It makes the Elantra look more rally car than it did before. Are the decals required with the body kit?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that the aero kit Elantra picture above looks really nice. I would consider getting that if it didn't cost too much. It makes the Elantra look more rally car than it did before. Are the decals required with the body kit?
only if you're interested in maximum speed and cranked up horsepower figures ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
So is this more than a body kit? Does it come with tuning or other aftermarket parts?
The picture is of a slightly tuned car, but we were talking about the lip kit that is on it. There are a few other kits on that site as well, but there is very little as far as actual performance mods for sale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is just a cosmetic package though right? It doesn't come with any tuning or performance upgrades? I would consider getting this body kit and then buying a different exhaust so that the Elantra sounds a bit more powerful.

·
Registered
173 Posts
And even more assuming it doesn't come painted, once painted it will end up costing over $1500. Still well worth it if you want that look.
I agree. If you have the cash to spend and want the car to stand out. It's a good choice. However, seeing as mine is a lease and I would have to remove it, it's not worth it to me even if I have the cash. Also cant forget about install fees. If you dont want to install it yourself, it's not gonna be cheap. I could see this coming close to $2k after all is said and done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts