Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks. I just purchased a new - BASIC - 2019 Elantra SE. I love the car, but was shocked to see that CD players are no longer installed in cars. I am 76 years old, and HAVE to have my Dean Martin CD in while I cruise chicks. I bought a $70 portable CD player that works fine, but it only comes with ear plugs, which are illegal in Maryland. My owners manual says that it is possible to listen to the device thru my car's audio system, but doesn't say HOW TO DO IT ! I don't have bluetooth or any newfangled hardware or software. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN LISTED TO MY PORTABLE CD PLAYER THRU MY CAR'S SPEAKER SYSTEM? (I don't want to do any hard-wiring that may mess up my back-up screen.)

Thanks in advance,

GAB

·
Registered
14 Posts
First thing i would do is call the salesman. Ask him if there is an auxiliary port for an external device.. look at the storage hole right underneath the radio. See if there is a usb port and a small hole marked aux. It will look like a headphone jack but marked aux. If it does buy a double male end headphone cable. Set the radio on aux. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a good idea to connect an external audio player to your car speakers, I think it would sound cool. In general, I'm a fan of music, I love listening to vinyl records because it's a completely different sound. I would be happy if I had this kind of sound in my car. For a better sounding experience, I found dj cartridge for technics by reading a selectable review by Artem Ali. A very detailed description of cartridge for technics for vinyl record lovers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts