Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in Hyundai-Forums someone has changed out their rear shocks with KYB shocks and it made a huge difference in ride quality as well as handling and it also stops the sway that the Elantra gives on bumps in the road. Has anyone upgraded their rear shocks? I am considering changing mine because of the ride quality of the Elantra. Amazon has them for $62.50/each. I changed all four my tires thinking it was the Hankooks that Hyundai puts on the cars. One person side it's NOT the tires, it's the rear shocks. So when I get the money I'm going to change mine out and post back on how well they perform.

KYB Gas-A-Just Silver Monotube Shock Item # 554384

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read in Hyundai-Forums someone has changed out their rear shocks with KYB shocks and it made a huge difference in ride quality as well as handling and it also stops the sway that the Elantra gives on bumps in the road. Has anyone upgraded their rear shocks? I am considering changing mine because of the ride quality of the Elantra. Amazon has them for $62.50/each. I changed all four my tires thinking it was the Hankooks that Hyundai puts on the cars. One person side it's NOT the tires, it's the rear shocks. So when I get the money I'm going to change mine out and post back on how well they perform.

KYB Gas-A-Just Silver Monotube Shock Item # 554384
I'm sorry, I haven't done anything with my Elantra yet, but I, too, have read how great the KYB's improve the ride. I have also read that the tires are pretty poor, too, that noticeable improvement can be found with non-OEM tires. That looks like the price I've seen for the shocks...I'm not sure what the shocks part# is, but most of this generation's Elantra's suspension is interchangeable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I change the shocks and my tires, and it made a dramatic difference in ride quality. I bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season PLUS tires 205/55/16. They are on tirerack.com for about $107 a piece. They are expensive but have an 80,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've changed my stock rear shock absorbers for a pair of KYB 554384 gas-a-just and i can tell you its day and night with original ones. got 115 000kms and was worth all pennies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts