Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before buying my 2013 Elantra Limited a year ago, I had a Jeep Liberty.

I keep my car keys in my pocket most of the time as I did when I had the Jeep.

However, with the Hyundai FOB, I'm CONSTANTLY setting the alarm off on the car by accidentally applying pressure to the remote button while it's in my pocket. Similarly I've inadvertently opened the trunk many times (sometimes while driving) by accidentally leaning on this button while in or near the car.

The former is just annoying, but the latter is a real safety issue.

I never had this problem with any other remote I've had for any other car I've owned.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So I've heard of this a few times now. I'm gonna say the fobs must be too sensative. maybe think about getting a cover for it so you cant push the button so easy. I've seen leather covers, but i think the regular plastic ones might give you enough clearance to make it so you dont push buttons unless you intend to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This one is an easy fix as I did with my FOB. Open up the FOB case and remove the red rubber button ... with a scissor to blade, just cut down the rubber piece that touches the circuit board sensor. Then reassemble the FOB....this will mean you have to push harder to set off the alarm and it won't accidently go off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts