Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2013 Elantra, with 45K miles on it. The selling dealer told me it might have the remainder of the 5 year/60K bumper-to-bumper warrantee on it. Its definately below the 60K miles, but how do I tell if its under the 5 years? I bought an after-market warrantee on it, but it has a $100 deductable, and I just discovered a problem with the car and I'd prefer to get it fixed under any remaining Hyundai warrantee. The problem is every once in a while, the car will not start, it does not appear to be a starter/battery issue as when I turn the key everything happens just like it should EXCEPT the engine does not start. This morning it happened again, and I tried moving the shiftl lever out of park then back into park, and it started up normally, which makes me think the switch that prevents the car from starting in any position except park is flaky.. I believe this would be covered by the Hyundai warrantee IF its still in effect..

Thanks for any info...

DaveinLV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look at the in service date. That’s the date the original owner purchased the car. It will be on a CarFax.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts