Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Elantra coupe, sedan and hatchback you can easily tell they all share some design features but in the end all have their own identity. If you didn't already know the GT is shorter than the sedan by quite a few inches and is about a coupe inches taller than the Elantra sedan which starts with it's uniqueness. Then there's it's design which is unlike it's sedan and coupe versions, it almost takes on a European hatch design but in it's own unique way. There's a ton more to list but i'll stop.
Do you guys think the Elantra GT hatch is the most attractive of the three?

·
Registered
14 Posts
A question asked that needs no response, but here is mine.

Without question it is the best looking, most useful, most versatile vehicle in the lineup!

Looking at the Elantra coupe, sedan and hatchback you can easily tell they all share some design features but in the end all have their own identity. If you didn't already know the GT is shorter than the sedan by quite a few inches and is about a coupe inches taller than the Elantra sedan which starts with it's uniqueness. Then there's it's design which is unlike it's sedan and coupe versions, it almost takes on a European hatch design but in it's own unique way. There's a ton more to list but i'll stop.
Do you guys think the Elantra GT hatch is the most attractive of the three?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best elantra

It was a hard choice for me when I visited my local Hyundai dealer. I looked at the sedan firsr the folled by the GT and last the Coupe. My choice was made by looks at the end. All three models felt the same from the drivers seat. The GT just caught my eye. I dont really need the four doors or the rear hatch but its great to have. Price wise I think the sedan would have made more sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
None of the cars in it's class compare to the styling or utility of the loaded GT. Ford Focus feels small and uncomfortable... also impossible for me not to hit my head on the top of the door getting in/out. I have to drive one at work sometimes and I hate it. Civic is just a bland looking car to me... it handles a bit nicer than the Elantras, but not enough to sway me. Neither car is a performance car anyway (Unless you buy an SI, but thats even pushing it in my opinion when you call a car a "performance car")
Kia is have a severe disdain for... I refuse to acknowledge Kia as a auto manufacturer lol The Dodge Dart is a fun car, but it's a government bail-out company which I refuse to support, likewise with GM. So I can't in all fairness comment on their vehicles because i avoid them. All I know is that our Chevy Suburban at work is literally falling apart one piece at a time and our Brand new Dodge 1500 RAM has 5k miles on it and the Odometer/trip meter display is already completely jacked. Seriously chrysler? You can't even make a simple display that works longer than 5k miles?

Mazda makes nimble cars, but like the Ford I feel completely smushed inside and trunk space is something left to be desired.

I owned a 09 Corolla S for 3 years, it was a reliable car... that's about all I can say about it. Boring to drive, somewhat boring to look at (when compared to the non S models anyway) The 14 Corolla looks a million times better, but I feel like Toyota was lazy by stealing a lot of styling from other brands and they didn't do anything much to the drivetrain to peak my interest.

After driving a bunch of cars and looking around, I loved the Elantra for it's looks, tech, price, and cargo capability... oh and the SUNROOF is GLORIOUS. LOVE the all glass sunroof. But storage, comfort, and safety were the big items on my list.. gotta fit a stroller in the back soon! Plus nothing felt better than buying my wife the car she fell in love with. Not only that but this is her FIRST brand new car. So it felt good to get her something nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clearly I am biased since I bought the Elantra GT, but it's easily the best looking car in it's class. Add in the bang-for-buck value and great warranty and it was a no-brainer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts