Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2016 Hyundai Elantra SE. It does not have bluetooth or steering wheel audio controls. Looking at the back of the bluetooth head unit, there is an extra plug next to the antenna. Does anyone know if the SE wiring harness has that extra plug for the radio and whatever plug is needed for the steering wheel audio controls?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pictures would be helpful, but from my experience, I have a 2016 Elantra SE as well, mines came with standard, non touch-screen radio. I bought a 4.3" touchscreen unit from E-Bay for around $75.00 & installed it, works 100%. If you do this, please be aware, DO NOT inform your dealer about it, it may void your warranty, the Bluetooth will work, you can sync your phone, play music, etc, but you CAN NOT talk on the phone, though you will be able to answer it. There's no previous mic in your car, so you will have to wire one in yourself, if you're not mechanically inclined, or electronically inclined, don't mess with it, you can short out something. I wanted to add steering wheel controls too, I seen the modual, but would only be beneficial for volume controls, because can't talk on the phone, every time someone calls, you'll have to switch it to "Private Mode".

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts