Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2013 Elantra and listen mainly to streaming music or podcasts in the car. Connect via the Aux port, but lately have been getting intermittent static and cutting in and out. I’ve replaced the cable connecting the iPhone to the aux port, the power cable/adapter/cigarette lighter charger (can’t get it to charge through the USB port) and even the aux/usb port itself. No good. I’ve never been able to get it to connect through the USB port, won’t even charge (it cuts back and forth from charging to not and then eventually gives me an error and audio goes back to the radio), even with the brand new port.

Very frustrating because this is my main source of audio. Any ideas? Either for a fix or a work around? I looked into CarPlay, but I’m not prepared to drop $300 on a CarPlay system. I just want to be able to listen to my podcasts driving to and from work and running errands.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why not install a new radio in the car. I installed a JVC double-din radio in my car for around $150, including the cost of the radio mounting kit and wire harness adaptor from Crutchfield. It took me less than an hour to install the radio and bluetooth microphone and now I can play my music from my phone via the music apps, bluetooth or usb auxillary plug in the front of the radio. The JVC also allowed my phone to be handsfree that the factory radio didn't have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts