Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so today I did a muffler delete to my 2014 Elantra. And I had to put it back on because the exhaust pointed upwards and was burning plastic and was pointed towards brake lines. What would I search to find a pipe that could just bolt on to the same spot the muffler was bolted on at? Or does anyone have any links?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you go to a muffler shop? When i got my 2017 Elantra 2.0L Straight piped, i had my local muffler shop fabricate me some custom pipework. it cost me about $230. Your prices may vary depending on shop and what all you ask them to do.
Basically had mine converted to a Dual exhaust with a custom a diffuser i purchased online. So the labor, pipe work and things is where the $230 went. Maybe Exhaust header wrap on the pipe near the brake line could help for that issue?

Anyway if i find anything i'll sure leave a mental note to post it back in this discussion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t go to a muffler shop like I said the muffler was just bolted on so I took it off myself. But then started running into issues so I have it back on at the moment

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sound/noise is very subjective so if you like it that's what matters.

Unless you can weld & bend the pipe you'll need to go to a shop.
If you can weld, cut the flange off the muffler that bolts to the rest of the exhaust, buy some pipe, bend it to fit and weld it to the flange.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually just went and bought an elbow pipe and then some straight pipe and I’m just going to temporarily use clamps. I know it won’t hold for long but It’ll hold for a few months. This way I can put the muffler back on if I need to

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone so today I did a muffler delete to my 2014 Elantra. And I had to put it back on because the exhaust pointed upwards and was burning plastic and was pointed towards brake lines. What would I search to find a pipe that could just bolt on to the same spot the muffler was bolted on at? Or does anyone have any links?
dude! Its a hyundai!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts