Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blanca! She needs window tint ASAP. I feel like people are all in my business. I also need to take off that ugly Elantra Coupe badge and paint the Hyundai logos matte black. I think I'll do that this weekend.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Blanca is looking really good! Please continue to keep her that minty fresh! You should consider taking her to a detailer to get Opti-Coat applied.

For the badges, have you seen a product called plastidip? It will work well with blacking out those badges.

thanks for sharing pic's of blanca :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blanca is looking really good! Please continue to keep her that minty fresh! You should consider taking her to a detailer to get Opti-Coat applied.

For the badges, have you seen a product called plastidip? It will work well with blacking out those badges.

thanks for sharing pic's of blanca :)
!!! I have two cans of PlastiDip just begging to be used! I did my rims on the car that Blanca replaced and I LOVED it.

I read about the Opti-Coat. I wonder how much that would cost? From the reviews, it seems like it would be worth it. I've only ever owned dark cars until now so I wonder how much my budget will have to change....haha.

·
Registered
153 Posts
!!! I have two cans of PlastiDip just begging to be used! I did my rims on the car that Blanca replaced and I LOVED it.

I read about the Opti-Coat. I wonder how much that would cost? From the reviews, it seems like it would be worth it. I've only ever owned dark cars until now so I wonder how much my budget will have to change....haha.
Even better! Since you have those can's laying around, you might as well make use of them and black out those badges and of course pictures of it posted here! Maybe even a DIY for those unfamiliar with the process? I know that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the Opti-Coat service charges I've seen have been around $300 for a car as small as an FR-S up to $400 for a full sized sedan. This is something you'll want to do ASAP while the body and paint remains damage free. BEST $300 you'll spend, period.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even better! Since you have those can's laying around, you might as well make use of them and black out those badges and of course pictures of it posted here! Maybe even a DIY for those unfamiliar with the process? I know that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the Opti-Coat service charges I've seen have been around $300 for a car as small as an FR-S up to $400 for a full sized sedan. This is something you'll want to do ASAP while the body and paint remains damage free. BEST $300 you'll spend, period.
I called up the closest place to me, and he said they hadn't done any cars since August of last year, which makes me nervous. He's going to get back to me in a couple days with a quote.

And I don't mind doing a DIY for the PlastiDip! I want to leave the office and do my emblems right now!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I called up the closest place to me, and he said they hadn't done any cars since August of last year, which makes me nervous. He's going to get back to me in a couple days with a quote.

And I don't mind doing a DIY for the PlastiDip! I want to leave the office and do my emblems right now!!
opti coat is a new product which I didn't think was on the market till 5-6 months ago. I think you would be better off finding someone already applying this product that is familiar with it and how to work with it. it is a permanent product, so I would think doing it once and properly is the way to go

·
Registered
153 Posts

I think your better off going elsewhere, or try finding a reputable shop that does detailing

·
Registered
296 Posts
I can't wait till I can lower this car. I hate the wheel gap. White is a nice choice though. I am thinking about retrofitting projectors into the headlight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't wait till I can lower this car. I hate the wheel gap. White is a nice choice though. I am thinking about retrofitting projectors into the headlight.

wheel gap isn't that bad....

thank god!

I have seen worse, the 2012 Civic looks like a 4x4!

Are there even springs or coilovers out yet for the Elantra Coupe?

·
Registered
72 Posts
very much looking forward to a DIY post for the plastidip. I have already tinted my windows, removed the badging and added door side moldings ... looking good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts