Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Hyundai Elantra (Avante in Korea) has gone through a pretty substantial redesign. A new front bumper, grille and fog lamps, along with some new LED light guides around the projection headlamps has given a new look to the face of the vehicle.

On the inside the centre air vent has been repositioned and the arm rest has been placed higher. both of these changes were reactions to customer feedback.

Other new options include: 9cm OLED display, ventilated seats, a smart parking assist system and flex steer. The flex steer feature allows the driver to switch between comfort, normal or sport modes. This changes the weight and feedback.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love the new look, seems like this blue is also a new blue, is it?

The redesigned fog lights really improved the front end a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love the new look, seems like this blue is also a new blue, is it?

The redesigned fog lights really improved the front end a lot.
agreed, and the lower grill keeps the Elantra from looking like its constantly smiling. Its just a refresh though, we should see a complete redesign in 2-3 years i hope.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Elantra sedan updates are awesome!.... Hyundai only updated the sedan probably because the couple has only been out a year and I think if they did update the coupe I would be so pisssed as I own one. Although I hope by the time I am ready for a new car they give the couple a nice facelift including a choice of GDI engines.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here are some additional photos of the 2014 Hyundai Elantra:

2014 Elantra Interior

2014 Elantra Infotainment Screen

2014 Elantra Ventilated Seats

More 2014 Elantra Exterior Shots

·
Registered
80 Posts
interested in those ventilated seats. Not usually a feature you find in cars at this price range.
Thats the trickle down effect my friend. Everything in the auto industry begins in the top echelons and slowly trickles its way into the lowliest of vehicles as manufacturers take advantage of economies of scale.

Lots of technology began this way, the airbag, ABS, Traction Control, Stability Control, Fuel Injection, Overhead Cams....

I'm glad Hyundai is one of the first to offer a very luxurious feature like ventilated seats to lower segment models as it should provide a significant sales bump!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe the Elantra is the only car in this class to have ventilated seats.
Its also the first one in its class to be refreshed. The Sonata brought forward many innovative features when it was refreshed in 08 or 09, but now its lagging behind its newer rivals. Wait until the refreshes of the Elantras competitors and we will see the competition will of caught up quite well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts